Friday, November 26, 2004

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

The Christmas Tree dilemma has been solved. My mother-in-law figured out she wanted a new tree, so I got her barely-used-almost-new one! She just didn't like it because it was large and heavy... and she's not. So, it was pretty hard for her to get it put up. I'm planning on putting it downstairs in the family room and will just leave it downstairs in storage after Christmas, so won't worry about having to take it up and down stairs. Am hoping DH brings it over soon so I can get it up - I gave him the deadline of next weekend, so suppose that's when it'll show up.

I did get my little trees lit again by the front door (now that Thanksgiving has come and gone DH will let me...). I put up a wreath and bought some candles for the windows, but haven't gotten them up yet. Will need a ladder to get them up in the dormer windows! Hoping to put some lights on the porch railing, too. I was dumb when we built the house and didn't have the eve-plugs put in for lights. One of those things you figure out later you should have done. So, probably won't hang lights all over.

We got our first snow!!!! Only about 1", but it was enough to make it white!

Then, the coolest thing - there was a full moon and DH was up looking out the window about midnight and woke me to show me the big deer buck standing in the back yard in the moonlight. It was sooooo cool.