Wednesday, February 23, 2005

They're Heeeere

My mother calls last night. We're running early. We'll be here tomorrow night instead of Thursday night. Ooookkkkaaayyy... First they were coming March 1, but daughter is having a wedding shower this weekend that my mother got invited to, so coming for that. Mom says, it will be late at night (which, it is usually a full 9 hour drive to get here) and they have stops to make.

I get up early, start cleaning and doing all the things I was going to do today and tomorrow before they came. I run into town to get some groceries - with every intent on coming home and finishing my vacuuming, etc. I get a phone call. It's my eldest son... "Grandma and Grandpa are here". Huh?WFT? It's 4 o'clock! That's not LATE! ARRRGGGHHH! My month of hell has begun well...

Race home, and try to recover some sanity. It's a lost cause. Here we go...