Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Pain in the... Back Pt.3

Now we come to the present. I still do things I shouldn't do in ways I shouldn't do them. I still overdo in the garden, or pick up a box that is probably too heavy or any number of dumb things that cause my back to stiffen and be sore for a day or two.

Occasionally, I do something I don't even know what I did and I cause myself spasms that may last an hour, day, or week. I have some muscle relaxers I use that make my back feel better, but they also zone me out. I have the old standby heat and ice. I have 'rest'... Eventually it goes away and I tell myself not to do that dumb thing again (if I have figured out what I did).

Well, this three-part saga has led up to the point. I've been laid up for the past three days with back spasms. I'm not happy about it. I don't know what I did. I wish I hadn't. I don't want to go to the doctor or chiro or anyone. I do want to get better. I think I'm getting better. I hope I'm getting better.

Thanks for listening.

Oh, yeah, and P.S... even if Brad walked in right this minute and wanted me, it ain't gonna happen.