Thursday, February 16, 2006

It's Snowing!

My apologies in advance to Livey, who, I know, hates the snow. I would too, if I had to go out and shovel it off my roof. Thankfully, all I have to do is sit in the house and watch it. They're calling for a large amount today,but it's coming later than expected and only just started about 6 o'clock this morning. As of now we have a couple of inches, but more on the way. This is my kind of day.

Soon there will be homemade veggie soup on the stove, homemade bread baking, and already the fireplace is lit and the books have been started to be read. The kitties are chasing bread wrapper twisties around and being silly, and the internet hasn't gone down. I braved the fierce wind and biting cold this morning to let the pups out, and even they didn't stay out long! Then I forced myself to go out back and fill all the near-empty birdfeeders so my feathered friends would find sustanence in the snow.


Did I mention my kids are all coming over this weekend? The Kansas crew are coming in late tomorrow night and the rest are flocking over on Saturday to watch movies on the big-screen TV. We're going to have good food and the best of company. I'm so excited I can hardly wait. It doesn't get any better than this... well, I suppose if we won the lottery that would be nice...