Friday, September 10, 2004

It's Not Fair

Okay, so I'm airing out some frustrations here. I think there should be a lottery winner in MY state. There has NEVER been a lottery winner in my state! Oh, sure, piddlesome little $100,000 winners, but that doesn't count. I'm talking the BIG money. I figure not only should it be someone from my state, but it could really be me. I know the clerks where I purchase said tickets are probably really tired of me saying, "One powerball ticket - oh, and make it a winner, please". Tough. Just once it would be nice if that did the trick. I'd probably share SOMETHING with them. I'm not dumb. I know they have no control over the winning tickets. I'm hoping for some mind over matter here. I think I've got it figured out how I would handle it, too. Winning, that is. I've had this discussion many times with my significant other. We would make a list of all our friends. Our true friends. Anyone who wasn't on that list after it was made known we'd won who showed up with their hand out was just SOL. I mean, you never really know who your friends are until you win oodles of money, right? Oh, yeah, we'd have to get an unlisted phone number, a big fence for the yard, a security system for the house and probably someone named "Bruiser" to deal with all those new-found relatives. I'd like to try it.