Monday, April 25, 2005

Can't Catch a Break

So, I'm all set for the rain and for 'jammie day' on Saturday. First off, I try to leave work early Friday so I can fly around in a tizzy trying to get laundry, cleaning, all that "weekend" stuff done so I can be a lazy pile of shit on Saturday. One of the big bosses calls me and has a special project he wants done a.s.a.p. He's never called me before. He's never wanted anything from me. Why today? Crap.

I get home -later than usual, and try to work up some energy to do all that I planned. The operative word here being 'try'.

Saturday morning I get up to the pitter-patter of rain! YES! Oh, but NOOOOOO... it stops. We didn't get more than a few sprinkles. Now I have to face the fact that I will not be having a jammie day. My spirit crumples into a ball the size and shape of the pile of dirty laundry sitting in the corner.

Because of lack of rain, hubby goes out to plant some more. The weekend is a bust. I'm back at work, jammie-day-less and not a happy camper.