Monday, July 25, 2005

I'm Baaaack

Didn't even miss me, did ya? I was sneaky... I took my laptop with me and you never knew I was gone. Youngest daughter was in Iowa this week for her work and I snuck out on Saturday and went to see her and stayed overnight. It was nice to see her. I miss her sooooo much. I know, I shouldn't say this because then I just make her feel worse to be gone 'cause I know she misses us soooo much too. If we hated each other this would be much easier!

She had my grandcritter with her, too, so I got to play with the fuzzy one. She just gets cuter all the time.

We had a good time. Ate out, did a bit of shopping, and I scoped out the place she'd been working. All in all we had a brief, but fun time. Some things just can't replace 'in person'... a hug is one of them.

I left to come home early in the morning and went to my parents' on the way home. They are doing well and I was just in time for late-morning biscuits and sausage gravy. Mmmmmm.... Hadn't had that for awhile and it was goooood. Spent a little time there doing the usual computer repairs and visiting. My mother keeps a running list of things she either can't figure out or has messed up on her computer, so every time I go I have to see what I can do to get her back on track. We are currently good.

Home by noon, I found out that Hubby had a good night with the critters. Unlike the last time I went away overnight, this time the pups actually slept all night and didn't wake until 7 am! They wake ME up at 5.... what's with THAT? Of course, then I found out he didn't get home from the races until midnight (bad night for son - came in 6th) and he let them out at that time. I don't usually let them out that late at night, so guess that was why it worked out so well for them. He even said the cats kept him company! Now I'm wondering if they aren't getting TOO used to me being gone?

Didn't do a damn thing after that. Kenna reminded me of that state our family calls "Bored but Lazy". Bored and cranky, but too lazy to do anything about it. That was me. I had a list of things I should have done, but no energy to them. I gave Hubby a big hug, let the pups out, found all the cats to say "hi" to, and went into my favorite spot - my rocker/recliner chair in the bedroom. I curled up with a blanket and a book and before I'd read a couple of pages I was sound asleep. I didn't wake up until 5 o'clock!

Hubby and I cooked burgers and all the fixin's and that was the extent of my day. Would you believe I went back to bed and slept the rest of the night?