Friday, December 02, 2005

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Call me a lazy sack of shit, but I'm home again... enjoying the snow, the Christmas decorations I managed to get up, and the smell of cookies wafting out of my kitchen permeating the whole house.

I've started to think about Christmas cards and the annual letter - this year will seem like a book with all the major events! I don't know how you cut out some things, tho'...

  • My parents' house burning to the ground in January - losing everything except each other and the dog
  • Our youngest daughter graduating from college, getting married, moving away and getting a puppy
  • Our oldest boy graduating from college, not getting married, but finding a really sweet girlfriend, and moving away
  • Our youngest son getting the track championship in his stock car division - by one point
  • Our youngest son's girlfriend graduating this month from nursing school - and talk of marriage thick in the air
  • New critters in our home and in youngest son's, too
  • Our eldest daughter and her wonderful family - including our ever-maturing grandson

How to you pick and choose? Hubby always thinks we come off "too good" to be true. Damnit, sometimes things (and people) just ARE that good, don't you think? I mean, yes, we all have faults but when counting our blessings isn't it nice to be able to say "I love these people"? Yeah. I thought so.