Monday, October 16, 2006

Company

Slap me.

I need to wake up.

Friends came in yesterday from the deep south to stay for an indeterminate time. (Is it rude to ask someone when they show up how long they are staying for?) They went straight to the field and one rode in the combine with Hubs, the other one chiseled ground. They all straggled in at 10 o'clock last night, then proceeded to shower and have some "cold adult beverages". Dinner did not get consumed until 11 o'clock. That's too friggin' late for this old broad. Truly.

I was rude and went straight to bed after supper. I think I peeked at the clock and it was about 1 when Hubs came to bed (talking to me, no less). I lay in bed wondering why the lights were still on in the other room, figuring maybe Hubs left them on for our guests. I tossed and turned for another 30 minutes before the quiet convinced me no one was there, then went in search of the darkness.

I found Hubs had left on the downstairs outside lights (right under our room) when he was giving the guys "the house tour"... as well as leaving some light on in the livingroom. No wonder it was so bright around there!

5 o'clock came awfully early. Hubs was up by 6:30 as I was leaving - that surprised me! It's raining today and I don't think much harvesting will be done. I suspect a great deal of "cold adult beverages" may be consumed.

I just want to crawl back in bed.