Thursday, March 31, 2005

Is It Over Yet?

I've been waiting with baited breath for this month to be over. With all the frantic wedding plans, plus helping my parents find a new house and move into it as well as trying to maintain a job and a relationship with my husband, I've been anticipating the end of this month.

I realize that it is foolish to expect a calendar to change the way things go in the world, but it is symbolic that we are moving into a new month and hopefully, a calmer, quieter time.

Unfortunately, we have to get past daylight savings time "springing forward" this weekend. Arrggghhh!!! I really hate this. In the original creation of this brainstorm, it was explained as a way to give the farmers more daylight. Well, people, I'm here to say that I'm married to a farmer and we now have a wonderful new creation called headlights! No longer are we stranded in the middle of a field trying to get the horse to go home when the sun goes down. I haven't spoken to one farmer who wouldn't like this stupid thing to go away. Some of our lawmakers hemmed and hawed about it for a bit, but didn't get very far. Wouldn't it be nice if some common sense showed itself?

Just rambling here...