Friday, April 01, 2005

Fools Rush In

It's April 1st. So far the fickle finger of fate has not decided to point at me. This is a good thing.

I have a good sense of humor, but for some reason practical jokes just don't do it for me. I think because so many of them are grounded in mean-ness. When I see the shows "Punked" or "Scare Tactics", I just don't find the humor in them. I see someone being put through some pretty stressful stuff - for our amusement. Like I say, just don't get it. Maybe it's an age thing or maybe it comes from being one of the "geeks" in school that get this kind of treatment almost daily. It doesn't become funny when it's a lifestyle you have to contend with. For those of you who saw "The Breakfast Club", I was the Ally Sheedy character. To a "T". I mean, the hair, the personality, all of it. I was really a loner. In a school where my class was about 300, I had about three friends.

Somehow, now that I think about it - not much has changed. Something to ponder.