Thursday, May 12, 2005

Rainman

Not to be confused with another Rainman. Uh... I know I asked for some rain...but it can stop for awhile. You can tell I'm a farmer's wife... never happy. It's either too wet, too dry, too cold, too hot... you get the drift. Well, it was too dry and now, well, now it won't stop raining! The sky is black and it's pouring, and looking at radar there is more coming. I'm just grumbling. It's okay. We aren't in any danger of flooding. It will put some water in our usually low creek that runs behind the house. It will be good. The crops will be happy and the flowers are loving it. So far, (knock-on-wood) we've not had the golf-ball to base-ball size hail that other areas have... and no tornadoes. Don't need those. I'll try to be the "half-full" person.

I lay in bed this morning agonizing whether to get up and go to work. I've been fighting a scratchy throat for what seems like weeks. It gets better, than worse, but never going into a full-blown cold or going completely away. I'm sick of being sick-ish. I really wanted to stay home. I'm really sitting here at work. Go figure.