Sunday, May 01, 2005

Puppy Love

Today I went to the breeder where I got my new puppies to look for a new puppy for my daughter, and for a guy I work with. We made a happy little group heading up the road. When we got there, they had the cutest little pups... I was in love. I held myself back, knowing I have my hands full as it is. I'd taken pictures of my "kids" to show the breeder - my little guy that was only supposed to be 10-12 lbs. who is already 20 lbs. at 6 months! ... and his sister who was to be 6-8 lbs. and is already 10 lbs. Well, the breeder was stunned. She couldn't figure out what happened there, because they are purebreds and are out of the same litter! The only thing she could figure is it was some recessive gene that came out in Frank. At any rate, I wouldn't give him up... even if he does turn into a "St.Bernard Shih Tzu".... !

Got an e-mail from the breeder this morning. After looking at the pictures more and discussing it with some other breeders, she feels really badly and is offering me a FREE puppy! OMG! Well, I certainly can't have another (says Hubby), but one of the restrictions for my daughter was the cost and if it's FREE... well.... I'm just waiting to see what SIL says. He claimed it was the money, but now we'll see if that's really the case or if he just used that as an excuse with her. Sure keeps interesting around here!