Sunday, August 14, 2005

Hell on Wheels Part III

It's almost over. If it weren't, I'd kill her and bury her in the woods.

Hubby keeps whispering it in my ear.

He teases his mother about her fidgeting and fussing. He tries to make her sit down and settle - like a little kid, she's bouncing off the walls. She laughs, and settles for a minute or two, then she's up and at it again. If he gets on her too much, she pouts and gets mad. That's not good either. The woman can carry a grudge.

We make camp and fix some food. The weather is actually pretty nice today. The kids won't be back for awhile. We watch a movie and I finish my third book.

Race time, finally. They all leave and I get some peace and quiet.

He WON!! Again!!! Whoo hoo! I'm so excited for him. He's so happy. After such a crummy week, he needed that.

Hubby and MIL come back to the camper and Hubby says he thinks the kids are going to stop by - they're going on home. I sit outside with them. It's really cool out and a breeze, so the bugs aren't biting. Kids don't stop and we go to bed. Talked to them the next day and they said they would have, but MIL was there and they didn't think they could take her much longer. Join the club.

Sunday. Up early, breakfast done, we go home. I'm anxious to see my critters and Hubby is anxious to get rid of you-know-who.

Home, and we unpack the RV and I start the mounds of laundry I have to do and Hubby takes MIL home. I give a big sigh of relief. Then I realize... Today is the graduation dinner for Eldest Son. She'll be baaaaack... crap.

Hubby comes home ready to stomp something to bits. He took her home, dropped her off at the house and figured he was done with her for awhile. He goes to the shop, starts emptying the cooler, and... wait for it... wait for it... she comes down to the shop! YES! She starts sweeping...picking up...fidgeting... He left before he killed her.