Monday, August 01, 2005

I Won't Tell If You Won't

I've often commented on my husbands uncanny knack of waking me up - not always on purpose, but a lot of times. He gets lonely when he wakes up at night. He thinks he needs me to be awake, too. That's all well and fine until he goes back to sleep and proceeds to snore and I'm left lying wide awake.

He was gone last night overnight. The past couple of times we've been apart, I've been the one away. This time it was him. I'm supposed to be pining away for him. I'm supposed to be tossing and turning wondering why I can't sleep without him.

Don't tell him. I slept like a rock. I woke up this morning and I hadn't moved all night long. I didn't even turn over. My cats made their usual laps through, laying on me and kneading me (in my family we call it "making you soft" - another blogger calls it "making biscuits". I felt it. It didn't bother me a bit.

He'd be crushed if he knew I'd slept so well without him. I heard he was wide awake at 3 a.m. He and youngest son were sharing a motel room. Guess who got woke up at 3 a.m.? Do I feel bad? Nope.

Just don't tell him...