Saturday, December 31, 2005

2006 Starting with a Fizzle

I just realized how lame it is that I'm blogging on New Years' Eve at 1 o'clock in the morning... okay, New Years' Day. My life, it is exciting. More so that Hubby and I actually stayed awake until 10 p.m. before deciding to hit the hay. (That's a little country term for you citified people - it means going to bed).

However, after the pound of cocktail shrimp, half dozen lil' smokies, hot spicy cheese dip, olives, crackers, canned cheese, leftover cold turkey, and coffee cake that I consumed before going to bed, sleep has found itself to be all but extinct.

Exception being: Hubby. This is a man who can no more than take off his glasses, kiss me goodnight, pet the cat and roll over than he is snoring. Also, I love the guy, but after an evening consuming beer and clamato juice cocktails, along with the aforementioned foods, the gas problem is... uh... obvious... to all but the people who have had their olfactory nerves severed.

Sooo... I crawl out of bed, slip into the other room and catch some of "Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve with Almost Everyone on the Planet Earth Except Dick Clark..." oh, WAIT... I heard his voice for ten seconds before the commercial break. By God, he's NOT dead! Sorry. Couldn't resist. After a bit of that nonsense I switched over to "New Year's Eve LIVE with Regis". Oh. My. Explain to me, please, how at 11:15 p.m. central time, New York Times' Square has dropped the ball with Dick Clark, but where Regis is standing in Times' Square - THREE BLOCKS FROM THE BALL (Regis told me that himself) it is LIVE and has not yet dropped. Huh? I know Regis is a very powerful TV personality, but even that takes the cake. The man can control time! I am in awe. Maybe he IS the anti-christ.

At last I give up on the celebrations and decide to just give up and read and/or blog until my eyes stay open no more... it's coming quickly, as I'm not as young as I used to be... and it's just another year. Pretty exciting here in Iowa, I tell ya! Hope you are having a safe and sane New Years' Eve and we'll see ya in the mornin'... oh, yeah... it's already morning...