Saturday, December 23, 2006

Ready?

It's almost here! The day children all over have been anticipating. I think I'm just about ready...

I spent all day yesterday in my car. Hubs bought a new (used) semi-tractor from a guy in western Minnesota and we spent hours getting there to pick it up. He's tickeled that it's how he remembers it when he went to look at it about a week and a half ago, and he's not going to do much of anything to it (yeah. I'm not holding my breath.) but putting the license plate on and driving it. He's got a bunch of grain to deliver next week and he'll be getting it "broken in" pretty quickly. I think he's already bonded with it - at least that's what he kept telling me all the way home.

Today was "getting ready for company". Doing the usual weekend things like laundry, and cleaning, but with that little extra emphasis on trying to make it "company presentable". Okay, who am I kidding... I'm trying to make it "mother-in-law" and "parental unit" presentable. The kids are all coming for Christmas day, too, but I wouldn't do this much for them. I also finished wrapping gifts. I think... I really think... I'm done. Whoot!

Tomorrow I have a couple of cooking things to take care of, but other than that I'm set. We'll be having Christmas Eve at MIL's, which is okay, except we have to spend time with my brother-in-law and his family. You remember them, "The Boys". Yeah. Is it any wonder that my kids all found "prior committments" to attend? I should be so lucky...

Sunday should get off to a calm start. Because my eldest son is going to be out of town to his fiance's parents until Christmas morning, I said we'd push dinner from 1 o'clock to 3 o'clock, so they didn't have to rush so much coming back. This will be new and different for us, and I'm not sure we all know how to act. I'm thinking there will be present opening all day long as each batch of "kids" and their significant others trickle in. Then again, I could be wrong and they may all want to wait until the last ones come. With my kids you never can tell.

In case I don't make it back on here in the next couple of days, I just want to take the time to wish each and every one of you a peaceful and pleasant holiday... and to all of you who have sent me cards, I LOVE them, thank you. To those of you I didn't have addresses to write you back - well, I still LOVE them and I'm sorry I didn't get one out to you. Be assured you are on my list for next year. Giant hugs to you all!