Sunday, October 10, 2004

We'll Resume Regularly Scheduled Programming

I need a day off.

I know, today is my day off - sort of. It's my day off from my 'paid' job. This is the day I get to do all the things that have been neglected around the house for the last week. Normally, I would get a Saturday and a Sunday to do this, but during this time of the year all the rules go out the window.

First, I worked all day yesterday trying to dig out of the hole I'm in at work. Partly because of the internet/upgrade/hell I've been going through, and partly because this time of year it is just hard to keep up.

Then, DH is in the field. This means the "meals on wheels" must still continue, as well as extra baking (must have treats, you know!) and the laundry becomes that much more dirty. So, today I'm baking, cooking, doing laundry, cleaning, watering new trees, flower beds, and cleaning dead bugs off the porches. On top of that, I DID get my blinds up in the bedroom (whoo hoo!) and the curtains up in the livingroom! I must admit, youngest daughter did most of it - I supervised and cleaned up.

I need a jammie day...badly. Can't wait for the first blizzard!