Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Puppy Love

I'm sickening, I know, but I just love my critters. I have four house cats, a beagle that lives in a kennel in the garage - where he can get out and run in the yard - and two 6-month-old shih tzu puppies. They are brother and sister. Frank was only supposed to be about 10-12 lbs. He weighed in this morning at 19.6! We decided someone forgot to tell Frank he was supposed to be a shih tzu, not a St. Bernard. Frieda is supposed to be my tiny pup and she is only supposed to be about 6 lbs. She weighed in at 9.5. So much for what they were supposed to be!

Hubby askes if I want to take them back. Hell, no!!! I've fallen in love. They are the sweetest pups you could ever wish for. This morning they had to go in for surgeries (you know, the kind so that boy dog + girl dog does not = many dogs). I felt bad for them. I've been there, done that.

Frank even had to have some baby teeth pulled that hadn't come out on their own and would be causing trouble if they didn't come out. Poor guy - he got it at both ends!

They were so sweet when I brought them home. They just want to cuddle and they are being very quiet and good. Didn't know what to expect, but at least figured if they went in at the same time they'd both be hurting and one wouldn't be wanting to play while the other one hurt.

I'm a sucker for animals. All animals. Am looking forward to them feeling back to their old selves and running silly.