Monday, August 29, 2005

Back In the World

Hi everybody! Thank you to all of you for your kind words. "Ye warm the cockles of me hart..." Oooo...that was bad. At any rate, I'm back in the land of the living. It's been a crazy week. I'll try to nutshell it for you:

Monday: Work for a few hours, then Hubby asks me to go trucking with him to Cedar Rapids hauling corn. As weird as it sounds, that usually turns out to be quality time with him. He doesn't have TV distractions, or phones ringing, and we just ride along and visit. I enjoy going.

Tuesday: Turning inside out. Why? Who knows. Throw up so hard I pull a muscle in my back. WTF? I didn't need THIS!

Wednesday: Ice. Pack. Sit. Read.
Thursday: ditto
Friday: ditto
Saturday: ditto

See? ...and you thought I'd been having fun without you!

I must mention I read a good book (well, I actually read 5, but I'm only discussing one). If you haven't read The Time Traveler's Wife , you should. That's all I'm saying, 'cause I don't want to ruin for you if you haven't read it, but it's much better and more interesting than I thought it was going to be.

Saturday, Youngest Son won his race! Whoo hoo! He's back in the lead on track points and there is only one more "official" race to go. If he finishes the race - even if he doesn't win - he should be the track champ. Don't tell anyone - we're planning on camping at the track next weekend. If you tell MIL I'm gonna hunt you down and punish you severely!!! Yeah, we're being sneaky. We're going to try and go without telling her. Of course, she goes every weekend to the race with Hubby, so he's going to have to get reeeallly creative with his story. I'm not sure what he's going to say, but supposedly he's got it all worked out. Between you and me, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure there is going to be some glitch and we'll be thrown back into the twilight zone of MIL and the RV, but we can hope, right?

Hubby is sitting on the deck last night: Do you ever get the feeling things are going tooo good?
Me: Quite a change from a week ago, huh?
Hubby: Yeah. Scary.
Me: Glad we don't live in New Orleans. Those poor people. Can you imagine having to leave your home and not knowing if it's going to be there the next time you see it?
Hubby: Yeah. Some newscaster said this could be the end of New Orleans!
Me: We're very lucky.

We're so thankful for our family, friends, and good fortune. Take a minute to hug the ones you love. Thanks again, blogfriends... it's always amazing to me how people can connect over this weird thing called the internet.