Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Getting to Know You ...or...Another Meme

Sent to me by a good friend:

1. What is your full name? can't do that here
2. What color pants are you wearing? Blue jeans
3. What are you listening to right now? The hum of my computer
4. What was the last thing you ate? Green seedless grapes
5. Do you wish on stars? yes
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Red or purple
7. How is the weather right now? Sun is shining and it is in the 60’s
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? The veterinarian’s office assistant
9. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Absolutely!
10. Are you married/significant other? Yes – 25+ years!
11. Favorite drink? Pepsi
12. Favorite sport? To play? I don’t do sports.
13. Hair color? Auburn
14. Do you wear contacts? Sometimes.
15. Do you have any siblings? How many? Nope.
16. Favorite month? February
17. Favorite food? Tomatoes, green beans and peas right out of the garden and sweet corn out of the field
18. What was the last movie you saw? Million Dollar Baby.
19. Favorite day of the year? Thanksgiving.
20. What do you do to vent anger? Blog
21. What were your favorite toys as a child? Roller skates, ice skates, bicycle and my dog (yeah, I know, not “technically” a toy, but hey! I played with my beagle more than anything!)
22. Summer or winter? Winter. LOTS of snow! So much you are snowed in!
23. Hugs or kisses? Hugs (unless we’re talking candy, then Kisses)
24. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate – definitely!
25. When was the last time you cried? A couple of weeks ago when one of my grandcritters died.
26. What is under your bed? Controllers for the electric blanket
27. Friend you have had the longest. Janelle
28. What did you do last night? Celebrated my hubby’s birthday
29. What are you scared of? Furry spiders. People. (I’m rather anti-social).
30. Plain, buttered or salted popcorn? Butter and salt
31. Favorite car? The Honda hatchback I used to have
32. Favorite flower? Gaura
33. How many keys on your key ring? Which key ring?
34. How many years at your current job? 5
35. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
36. What did you do on your last birthday? We had my office Christmas party at our new house.
37. How many states have you lived in? Just one - Iowa
38. Where do you most want to visit? Ireland
39. Do you have any animals? Five cats, three dogs.
40. Do you have any children? Two girls, two boys, one grandson, two son-in-laws, one almost-daughter-in-law and eight grand-critters
41. Money or happiness? Happiness!
42. If you could kiss somebody other than your spouse, just once, who would it be? I really don’t want to kiss anyone else!

Part II
1. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR KITCHEN PLATES? Hot red
2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? Seven Types of Ambiguity by Elliot Perlman
3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don’t use one.
4. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Adult Trivial pursuit
5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Wired
6. LEAST FAVORITE SMELL? POOP
7. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Do I HAVE to get up?
8. LEAST FAVORITE COLOR? Yellow
9. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? After working at a large university admissions office as first on phone for the whole university, I now HATE the phone. I screen whenever possible!
10. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME: All done.
11. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN YOUR LIFE? My family and critters and friends (not necessarily in that order… lol)
12. FAVORITE SOUND? My family’s laughter when they’re all together
13. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Does Hubby count? I sleep with LIVE animals…
14. STORMS, COOL OR SCARY? Scary but not dangerous.
15. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Opal GT piece-of-shit but I loved it!
16. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? I’d love to meet my mother (dead).
17. WHAT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY? What or when? ;) December – I’m a Sagittarious
18. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB WHAT WOULD IT BE? Independently wealthy would work! Oh… I have to work? Well, I’d like to be a writer. One who gets paid for it.
19. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY COLOR HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT BE? My daughter’s shade of auburn
20. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE? YESYESYES!
21. IS THE GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY? Half full...unless it's half empty
22. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE MOVIES? Too many to mention.
23. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEY? Yes
24. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? Any of them with a $ sign in front.
25. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU! Susan (a non-blogger) – you are a deep thinker and a very creative person with more energy than normal people should have. You are also wise beyond your years with all your life experience. Guess that’s more than one thing, huh? Oh, well…
26. FAVORITE CD: Rob Thomas “Something to Be” (at the moment)
27. HAMBURGERS OR HOTDOG? Hamburgers
28. THE BEST PLACE YOU HAVE EVER BEEN? Home
29. WHAT SCREEN SAVER IS ON YOUR COMPUTER RIGHT NOW? None.
30. CATS OR DOGS? DUH! Both – and lots of ‘em!
31. WHITE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS OR MULTICOLORED? Little white and multicolored big (old-fashioned ones)

Now, who do I want to bug with this.... Mwwaaaaa haaaaa haaaa....
I tag: madman, kenna, styro