Friday, September 23, 2005

For Me

We've all said it. This blog is mine. It is my thoughts or feelings or views of the moment. It is mine. If you don't agree with it, don't read it. I'm not going to go away just because you don't like me. I don't care.

Having said that, we all feel a bit conflicted, because somewhere in that tiny little nut of a brain there is a voice saying... but I want them to like me! Don't shake your head, 'cause I know that happens to you, too. As much as we want to be our own people, we are still secretly thrilled when the comment number goes higher or the stat counter goes up and we get positive feedback for whatever witty or logical or heartwrenching or gutwrenching thing we've said today. We all do it.

I like to put your name over there... on the list... when I find your site and I like to read it. When I find someone who connects to a part of me. It makes it easier for me to get to you. That's really all it is. A personal list of things I like to read or do or play with. It isn't a popularity contest, no matter what anyone tells you. Really. Sure, I get excited when you put my site on yours... that's just plain cool! ...But, are you doing it because you like me, or because you feel obligated to return the favor?

Please say you like me.

Everyone wants to be loved and accepted. Or at least liked and accepted. I'm no different. This is my blog. This is my life, my views, my random mumblings out in space. They may not make a hill of beans difference in your life, but somewhere along the way I would like to think that my voice will be out there to be heard by my future. Can you imagine if you could find some 'get in your head' type ramblings by, say, your grandmother? How cool would that be? To get a glimpse into her real personality. What was going on in her head at different times of the year, the month, the day?

Call me egotystical. I can take it. Remember. It's all about me. You're just along for the ride, if you choose to come...