Saturday, September 03, 2005

Let the Hell Fun Begin

We are at two hours and counting until we leave. Let's see, I've packed steaks, hamburger (no vegans here!), potatoes, salad ingredients, and beer, whisky, wine, and, lest I forget, champange (in case son wins the whole smear, I'm drinking THAT - my personal stash). Does it sound like I have enough? Maybe I need just a little more alcohol...

Remember, if you haven't voted yet for kids vs. critters, do so now. Your vote DOES count!

Hope you all have a good weekend and I'll be checking back in... probably with LOTS of blog material, at least, that's what I keep telling myself to get through this.

P.S. Just found out a cousin of mine who is an EMT from Missouri is down in Mississippi about two miles from the coast. Says it's all gone and they're seeing about 500 people a day for treatment. Just got some porta-potties in yesterday so they don't have to "share the trees with the snakes anymore" - his quote. Those poor people. So many of them... so many stories... so much sadness, anger and destruction. Say a prayer for them, this weekend, too... the ones who have been displaced and the ones who are trying to help. Let them be safe in their goodness, and let the ones who are raping and shooting get some dreadful infection and go belly up in the ocean. I have no time for them, at all.

Okay, end of lecture. Cya later!