Sunday, October 16, 2005

I Really Can't Complain

I'm sorry for the people who had to work today. (No, REALLY!) I should have. Hubby should have. We both said "fuck it". Everybody needs a day off once in awhile, right? Neither of us have had one for a couple of weeks at least and it's catching up. There are advantages to being your own boss.... me? I am technically a part-timer but I make my own hours as long as the work gets done. It's just this time of year it turns into a full-time plus more type of job to get it all done. If we don't take a day off now and then, the next thing you know, we'll both have a cold or some such thing. Happens every time we get worn out. Tomorrow the rat race will begin again.

Today? Today was a beautiful day weather-wise. Hubby and I slept in a bit, then he read his Sunday paper and I read my book, and he left to do some 'minor' work stuff. I worked on laundry and dishes and some little things like that. A phone call about noon and he came home to pick me up and took me out to lunch. We did exciting things such as washing his pickup and went shopping for a new spade. (I told you it was exciting!) Home, and we both decided naps were in order and that's what we did. When we woke up we decided food was a priority and we hadn't had 'town' pizza for a long time. (For those of you who live in town, you don't know how lucky you are to have things like pizza delivered to your door!) We got a Papa Murphy's - one of those you pick up and take home and bake - and it turned out to be very good.

Finished my laundry, pups out and put to bed, and I'm watching Law and Order CI (just figured out what was going on with the new characters... I've missed a couple of weeks)... and waiting for Crossing Jordan to come on. (Yes, Em, I'm taping "Grey's Anatomy"). A nice, quiet, restful day...

Ready for the rat-race to begin again tomorrow morning - bright and early.