Thursday, October 13, 2005

If You Could See My Guilt

I feel awful. Terrible. Why? Because I'm a killer. I didn't mean to be, it just happened. It was an accident. I'm just not feeling very good about the whole thing. I killed one of the chipmunks. My sweet, funny, quirky little chipmunks that Hubby and I teasingly called "Chip and Dale"... never knowing one from the other. Well, there will only be one, now.

There was a 5 gallon bucket that had been sitting at the bottom of the back steps off the deck and over the summer it's collected rainwater. I thought it would be nice for my houseplants to give them a drink of some 'natural' water... you know, I was just full of those good intentions. Lotta good it did me. Today I was out with the pups and happened to look into the bucket in passing and there it was... just floating peacefully... not even bloated. I can 't believe it had been in there for long. It didn't smell or look bad or anything.

That did nothing for my mood, I'm tellin' ya... sigh.