Friday, November 11, 2005

Vet's Day

Just a quick reminder to thank someone you know today who was a veteran. I'm sure you know someone... a father, grandfather, brother, uncle, aunt, sister, wife, husband, mom, dad... they're everywhere.

I'm married to one. He was drafted when he was in college and hated it, and at the recruiting station he saw some guys in another line. When he asked, they were taking a test to see if they would qualify for another area - in the Navy. Sure enough, he went over, scored very high, and became a Navy man for four years. Although he didn't see combat, he had friends lost in Vietnam and friends that came home changed. He adapted, as he always does, and came home okay. I didn't know him then, but know of his life then through many stories and pictures.

I'm very proud of my husband. Not everyone gives up four years of their life for their country. He did.