Monday, December 12, 2005

Random Spewing

Let's see... it's been a couple of days, I'm sure I can come up with something.

Saturday I managed to squeeze in some housecleaning, tree decorating (I'd post the picture but it looks exactly like the one from last year, so just page down a little and you'll see it.) and laundry. You know, the usual. I baked a cake for my birthday boy man (he doesn't eat cake, but it's a nice birthday-type thing to do and everyone else eats it!) and got the rest of the dinner things ready that I could do ahead of time.

Then I started tackling the bookwork. Oh, blech! Blech! Blech! I don't know if I've explained this before, but we farm. We have year-end stuff to go over so that our tax accountant can figure out if we need to spend more money before the end of the year so our tax bill isn't too high. Then, after the first of the year we have to present our bank with our cashflow and net worth statements. Usually, that part of it I do in January and snatch myself bald doing it. Besides the farm work (combining, field work, marketing the grain, trucking, mechanical upkeep, etc.) that Hubby does, I do all the bill paying and bookwork involved with the farm. This year, in an effort to make my life easier (he does try, honest he does!) Hubby contracted the tax accountant to not only do the tax part of the work, but to do the cashflow, net worth, and this year-end estimating crap. That would be fine, except the appointment we were supposed to have with said accountant in April never happened. At that time he was going to give me our own set of "codes" with which to code the cancelled checks and get the rest of the paperwork to him. After that, it was to be a monthly coding of the checks and getting it to his office for them to do the rest.

We didn't hear from him until October. I'm sorry, but October does not work into my schedule. In October I rarely see daylight. I'm at work before dawn and home after dark and running food to the field in the meantime. I do NOTHING extra in September, October and November (and anymore, it seems to run into December, too.)

Well, thinking this was a lost cause, I kind of forgot about getting my ducks in a row... until last week when Hubby talked to the accountant and explained the situation, and he agreed to still do this. Uh oh. This means I'm in deep doo-doo. My ducks not only have to get in a row, they have to sit at attention and speak! Shit.

Thinking I would take some time off last week to accomplish this got me no where. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Things at work kept popping up and they were all emergencies that couldn't be put off. Then my Hubby got his new computer and I spent all afternoon Friday working on that. What should have been easy got very difficult and ended up in a high speed run to Staples for a new printer at 6 p.m.

Saturday afternoon after I got my other chores done, I was able to finally sit down and start on my mess. Until the dinner party started. Then, Sunday, I tried again. I don't know what is wrong with me. I am usually the most organized person in the universe... I'm falling apart. My brain is turning to mush. My shoulder and arm and neck are killing me (I'm going to the doc on Wednesday) - I think it's just a stress/muscle thing, but damn, it hurts! I'm looking at this pile and wondering if I will ever see the light of day... and my brain is whirling. I have until tomorrow. At 1 p.m. God help me.

It isn't as though our accountant is going to yell. He's really a very nice guy and we've known him a long time and he is very smart and knows his stuff. It isn't as though Hubby will yell. He knows HE doesn't want this job. It isn't as though my world will come to a screeching halt and thunder and lightening will crash down around my ears. I just feel bad. Really bad. I should have had this done. I should have done a better job keeping caught up. I should have known this day was coming. Why did I procrastinate so? Let's put it this way... it's going to be a loooong night tonight. Wish me luck!