Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's a Long Way Back up the Hill... or Yo-Yo Woman

The road to recovery has been a long uphill climb, and, as the title says, there are days I feel like a yo-yo! I just think I'm feeling better and along comes mr. migraine. (Yes, it's a man...no woman would make me hurt like this!) Yesterday was a lost cause. Once again I was flat on my back (relatively speaking) and out for the count. Today I'm back on my feet (or rather my butt) working. Will I be this way tomorrow? Only time will tell... but I sure hope so. Anyone but me get sick of being sick? Yeah... it's one thing to be off work, but when you feel yucky you really aren't interested in anything it really is just lost time. I don't have time to lose. Too much to do!

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and wishes. I've missed you guys!!! I can't wait until I get some time to catch up on all of you and see what I've managed to miss in your lives. I hope you didn't do anything TOO exciting while I was laid up! No babies birthed... no houses completed... no major traumas...

For those of you who want to suggest reading materials... Let me just say this: We have an excellent library. They are very good about getting in new material and have a great system of holds and/or being able to "rent" the newest books for $2. I have no complaints about my library. Despite my Hubby telling me they're going to run out of books. My problem is I read too damn fast. If I'm not interrupted, I can read a book a day - sometimes two. This causes problems when I'm sick and I've only checked out 10 books and my bookshelf is full, but it is full of books I've read. I want them to re-read someday, but I have to wait about 10 years until I can't remember the plots, otherwise I start to read and it all comes back to me. I usually only read mystery, some horror (i.e. Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Jeffrey Deaver) and a few fiction books that have some intrigue that should probably be classified mystery, but for some reason aren't. I'm not into sci-fi (I love Sci-Fi movies and shows, like Firefly, but can't read sci-fi... it's a missing link thing). I am soooo not into romance. I'm sorry, dress it up like a mystery and it's STILL a fucking romance. I can tell. It isn't that I'm not romantic... no, I like sex like the best of 'em... I just don't need the drama of it all. I apologize in advance to my friend who is a published romance novelist.

Soooo... if you have any suggestions that meet my criteria, feel free to tell me who the author is and I'll track 'em down. If I find authors I like, I try to read everything by them, and read them in chronological order. Most authors have a main character that they will build on and it's more fun to me to start at the beginning and see what they've got. You can either post your suggestions in the comments or e-mail me.

That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by and checking on me... I hope to be stopping by "your places" soon!