Thursday, January 12, 2006

Duh.

I usually check comments the "old fashioned" way. I click on the comments box and peruse the contents... and try at times to leave a reply in the box. I am awed and amazed by the number of people who e-mail me after I've commented on their site, and being the techno-nerd that I am, I wanted to see how they did that. I have Haloscan for comments, but just have the basic account and never knew if I could do that. Well, guess what? I can... BUT...

I'm an idiot. I just started clicking and responding and smiling and waving and cheering and thinking I was doing such a great job until I got a response back from Andy today and realized...

I was mailing out responses on my work account.

Doh! See that dent over there on the desk? Yep... that's from me slamming my head into it. How could I be so stupid? I should have known better the first one that pulled up, 'cause I've got this cute little "signature" that says "Sue" in nice cursive lettering. That should have been the red flag to STOP. STOP NOW. Look at what account this is going through. SHIT.

So, those of you who got an e-mail from someone they didn't know, signed by "Sue" - (if you even opened it) - now you know. It was just your friendly confused techno-nerd.