Sunday, March 26, 2006

Not the Old Troubles, But the New Ones

I swear, the dark cloud is over my head right now...

My father just got of a quick overnighter in the hospital. Why? Good question. We don't know exactly why yet. I want to take someone and strangle them.

He started having double vision yesterday afternoon and it bothered him to the point he had my mother take him to the emergency room. If you knew my dad, you'd know what a big - no huge - thing this is. He doesn't like doctors, he thinks he's self-sufficient, and he doesn't want to bother with it. He always figures it's "no big deal". Obviously, this time he thought maybe it was.

They are looking into options like stroke, or vision troubles like detached retinas. However, we won't know more until Monday because it was the weekend and God forbid you should want an eye exam or an MRI on a Saturday. You might interrupt someones' ...er... golf game.

So, he's home again and still seeing double. He's going to hopefully get an MRI on Monday and be checked by his eye doc. Keep a good thought, please... I'll keep you informed.