Thursday, September 23, 2004

Shoulda Been a Cat

I'm sleep deprived. Again. I think the culprit has been identified as a large Snickers bar. DH had one at suppertime last night (he loves them dearly) and like clockwork, he was wide awake at midnight. This, to anyone who knows DH and myself, knows it means I'm awake. DH can't be awake alone. He thinks he's being quiet or "trying not to bother" me - but I am a light sleeper and when someone starts to either rub my (insert any bodypart) or talk to me, I wake up. WIDE awake.

Now the lights are on and we're watching TV.

It's 2:00 a.m. and the TV is off, the lights are off, DH is snoring, and I'm still awake.

2:30 a.m. and DH has stopped snoring, the lights and TV are still off, but I'm still tossing and turning.

3:00 a.m. and I'm counting the trains. Are you starting to see a pattern here?

6:00 a.m. DD has just come to close our bedroom door so she can make breakfast for herself without waking us. I'm awake.

9:00 a.m. I've been at work for a couple of hours and I feel like I'm in the Matrix during a fight scene. Super slo-mo and thick and having a hard time keeping up with myself. A nap is sounding really good. It's supposed to rain today, so maybe I'll be able to sneak off work early and slip home to bond with my bed. C'mon rain!