Thursday, October 21, 2004

No Day Like Today

I love "RENT"... I've got that music ringing through my head ...

Went to it for the third time. It wasn't as good of a cast as we've seen previously (went with two of my kids who love it, too), but there were some outstanding performances. Had good seats and a great audience who apparently had seen it once or twice before, too. Not sold out, but still a good crowd for a weeknight. Will probably go the next time it's in town again.

The show always makes me thankful for what I have. I live a very sheltered life, here in the middle of the country, and although we do have the homeless and less fortunate than ourselves, and yes, I'm not going to deny we have AIDS here in the Heartland... neither of those things is anywhere near the epidemic proportions they are in other areas of the country. My heart goes out to those less fortunate and I feel incredibly blessed to have family and friends who have their health and a roof over their heads.

Beautiful, touching music...something to think about.