Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Very Interesting

...said in an evil voice.

Would you believe the tech support guy (different one than the one in person) suggested I send him an e-mail. Mwaaaahhaaaahaaaaa... Yea, I'll send ya an e-mail, sucker! He swallowed his gum. I'm sure he did. I heard it. Then he said, "Your e-mail just shut down two of my servers!"

Me.Innocently: It did?

To those of you who immediately think VIRUS (yes, we do yell that one), the answer is NO! I do not have a virus. I am a sanitary computer user. I am clean.

Turns out after another two hours of phone tech support, that someone at their end put a semi-colon in my user name? Huh? That meant I had e-mail going to some e-mail hell somewhere. Okay... just fix it. Well, we have to change your e-mail address. UH UH. NO WAY. Do you KNOW how computer illiterate the people are I work with? Do you KNOW how fucked up they would be if I add ONE number to my user name? Do you understand how many phone calls it would take to make them understand?

Okay, delete my e-mail account and put it back in. That works. Thank you.

Hmmm... I'm still getting that annoying message when I try to send e-mails. The one that was supposed to go away. My mail IS going through though? Well, I guess I can live with this.

Do you ever feel like you've just wasted two days on NOTHING. I'm not much better off than I was a couple of days ago, except I'm four hours of down time and highly frustrated. Must think happy thoughts ...