Friday, April 08, 2005

So Appropriate

So, the new bride calls me last night and tells me she got a job. Guess where? A nationally known pet supply store! This is soooo appropriate if you knew my daughter. This is the lovely little redhead that at 4 years old walked up to the front door and said, "See what I found, Mommy?" with a dead bull snake wrapped around her sweet little neck. This is the one who had every animal known to man that her father would allow (no horse, thank goodness!). We had a lovely parakeet that she tried cleaning the cage outdoors - you can imagine. That was a short-lived project. We had fish, gerbils, mice, birds, dogs, cats, bunnies, a pig we found (yes, a plain old farm-grown pig). You name it, we probably had it. We figured she of all the kids would end up the veterinarian.

Well, we were wrong. Turns out she got a degree in Anthropology. Hmmm... And now she's working in a pet store. I'm really tickled for her. She'll probably love it. I told hubby. His exact words were... "Oh. My. God." Ironically, those were her new husband's exact words, too! Great minds think alike.

It will be interesting to see how long she can hold out without adopting one of the animal rescue league animals they have there. :) I'm really happy for her. Way to go, Em!