Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I Want To Know Who To Gripe At

I'm getting really tired of getting interested in TV programs, then having them cancelled. Especially when they get cancelled mid-season or right before the big plot ending. I mean, come ON! I hate that! I suppose some of them have run their course and are just not going to be new anymore, but sheesh... I'm not good at re-runs. It's like books I've read - once I start reading and/or watching again, it allllllll comes back to me. Then where is the mystery? Between my Hubby and kids, we are really bad (good?) about figuring out endings pretty far in advance, so when I start watching something that surprises me (i.e.The Sixth Sense) I like to keep it up. I admit I've got rather weird taste sometimes, too, so that probably enters into it. I'm not a majority, so the networks feel there aren't enough of us out there to make it worth keeping on. It just gets really depressing sometimes. Such a letdown.

Some of the most recent that come to mind - Feel free to add to the list:
  • Farscape
  • Dead Like Me
  • Carnival
  • Firefly
  • Joan of Arcadia
  • Oz

I'm sure some others will come to mind. These are on my 's-hit' list right now.