Wednesday, September 28, 2005

What Was I Thinking?

No…I mean this literally… what in the hell was I just thinking? I swear, the older I get the more forgetful I get. More to the point - I’m going insane. I’m beginning to think there are poltergeists living in my house. Car. Office. Following me around in my back pocket. It’s awful.

Case in point.

Yesterday I went to help a friend with her computer. She didn’t have a disk she needed and I knew I had one at home. I go home to get it. I find it. All is well. Then, being the forward thinker I am, I decide to see if there is anything else I might need (since I was there, and all). I’m looking through my disks. I see one that I ponder, then reject, setting aside so I think. I look through a couple of other things, and in the back of my mind decide maybe I need that other disk after all. Do you see what’s coming here? Do you? YES. You figured it out. I CAN’T FIND THE FRIGGIN’DISK. WTF? It was just in my hand. I saw it. I handled it. I’m sure I put it down right there.

I tore my office apart looking for that disk. Did I ever find it? No. What does that say about me? Did I really have it to start with?

Later, Hubby calls me at home and says we need the XYZ paper to send to the government office. Could I please get it out? Oh, sure, I’m thinking… we just made a copy of it the other day. I remember this. I know I had it.

Again, the “Let’s make Sue crazy” fairies were at work. No paper. Anywhere. Once more I looked everywhere. E V E R Y W H E R E.

What is happening here? I’m loosing everything… and suspect my mind is what is really lost… If you find it, please return it. I’ve decided maybe I need it.