Monday, July 10, 2006

Monday - Did You Miss Me?

No rain, but a chance today and tonight. (You listening, God?)

Bookwork. Getting there. Not there yet. Damn. On the plus side, I did find a $600 error in our favor on one of our bills. Now, that makes the weekend feel not so lost. I think by the end of next weekend I'm going to be back to my abnormally organized self. I can dream, can't I?

Lottery? Well, ya gotta play to win... and I just forgot to play. Duh.

A break in the action on Friday night to go see "Pirates of the Caribbean" with my two lovely daughters. This one and this one. I tell you... I'm not sure what I laughed harder at, the movie or the girls. Amanda is a kill. For such a little person she has the biggest laugh... and believe me, she was laughing. She'd not seen the first movie, so Jack Sparrow was a new experience and judging from the hoots and hollars coming from the seat next to me, he was a huge hit! She also has always been the one who gasps and screams and covers her eyes and ears at every bit of surprise. Since she was a little girl (being the eldest) we've always told the kids, "It's only pretend" when things got scary on TV or movies. She's now 30 years old and I leaned over to her in the theater the other night and whispered, "It's only pretend!!"... She was hilarious. Then, I'd laugh because I'd hear Em on the othe side laughing at Amanda. I tell you, it was a toss-up between laughing at the movie and laughing at the girls. Thank goodness we were in the very back row of the theater!

Weekend was made for the race fans, too. Youngest son raced Friday, Saturday and Sunday night in three different towns. Did very well for racing the modified with a back-up engine from a stock car. I think he's supposed to get the regular modified engine back this week, so watch out for him next weekend. He's really loving this faster car...

I can't forget to mention Hubs had the time of his life on Saturday night at the races. More than usual. Why? Because his mother had other plans! Whoot! He came home so lighthearted and happy and had such great time. I wish I could figure out a way to make her not go every single time. It's driving him nuts.... no, not only him, but the other people around them, too... He just wants to have some fun and enjoy something with our son without his mother tagging along...!! It would be fine if she could fit in, but the term square peg in a round hole? That is her to a "T". As I write this, I wonder sometimes if my kids feel that way about me... wishing I wouldn't tag along. Oh, well... they read this. If they don't want me to go I should hope they have enough sense to know they can tell me they don't want me involved and to know it's not going to crush me. Ya listening, kids? We've even considered selling the RV because it's just not fun to go when she goes along... and she just invites herself without asking! Don't know... it's a no-win situation. She's a sweet lady, but there are just times you don't want to have her around...

Last, but not least, in the 'what was I thinking' department, Darrell and his son may be stopping back through on his way heading home later this week. Perhaps I'll remember to take pictures this time. Doh.

Those friends who WoW... now you know why I was MIA most of the weekend.

That's my weekend wrap-up. Is it really Monday already?