Friday, June 30, 2006

A Couple of Things

First, I want to acknowledge the last day we'll have Christopher to pick on here at work. Like the feelings Sizzle has so eloquently put into words, I'm sure he's full of joy and sadness at the change. Unlike all the lovely things Siz put about her friends and co-workers, we are the ones being left behind. His intentions are great. He's moving back down to Missouri to be close to his sister-in-law and his little nephew. He'll be near his dad, too, and his other siblings. It's been one helluva year for him, losing both his mother and his brother, and his family will be thrilled to have him close again. We understand, but it doesn't mean we won't be sad. He's a great guy and we wish him and his lovely wife all the best... and he darn well better keep in touch!

The other thing I'd like to mention, is, it's raining!! OMG! It is really! I went out before work this morning to water my garden and although the sun was shining a few sprinkles started to hit me. I thought I was imagining it at first... you know how you do that when you want something really badly? My daughter came out of the house to leave for work and looked back and commented "there's a rainbow over our house!" Sure enough, it was very dark off to the west and a full, bright rainbow went right over. I would have taken its picture, but I've never gotten good rainbow pics.

A few minutes later, the sky opened and it began to rain...through the sunshine. I turned off the water hose, went in the house, and called Hubs to give him the good news. Not wanting to get too excited, in case this was one of those 10-second showers I drove to work through a pretty heavy downpour, thanking the Powers that Be.

I just looked at the radar. It looks like there is rain all over the northwest corner of the state... heading this way. Could it last? Could this be one of those all-morning one-inchers? Wouldn't that be nice...