Thursday, October 21, 2004

In a Fog

We've been in a fog here, literally, for two days. It's depressing. Every morning when I get up it's dark (it's that time of year) but the sun never comes up and it never gets very light all day. It doesn't exactly rain, it doesn't dry up - just this drizzle and fog. Gray. I don't know how people in say, Seattle, do it. They are supposed to be notorious for this kind of weather. Would drive me bonkers.

Work is still insane. The computer is still giving me stupid error messages about every other e-mail I try to send. Gave up calling tech support. Just seemed to get me nowhere. Someday I suppose I'll have to deal with it, but not now. My anti-virus is still goofy, too. Norton won't "Live Update" and I have to somehow manually update. ugh.

I had a guy call me today with the nerve to ask if it was the lab that was the holdup or me. I told him if I didn't get so many frigging phone calls asking for old shit to be processed I might get to the new stuff faster. He is a particularily annoying offender. It blew right over his head. I didn't say it exactly like that, I said it nicer...he just doesn't get it. I'm going to work on a self-reporting form for them to fill out to request old information so at least I won't have to (hopefully) take so many phone calls and maybe, just maybe, they'll think about what they're requesting so I don't end up with dumb stuff as often. A girl can dream... Will probably do that on my day off on Sunday. I have so much spare time these days...NOT.

Would sure be nice to see the sun...