Saturday, April 09, 2005

Grub

I'm a grub. I spent hours doing yard work. First I went to the old house where my son lives and proceeded to clean brush off the biggest two of my five perennial flower beds. I also graded off a burm I'd made a couple of years ago that the kids teasingly called "the body"... as in, "Mom, aren't you supposed to bury your enemies in the BACK yard?". My son never liked it, and the flowers hadn't really gotten established on it yet, so I graded it off and now he's happy. Keeps threatening to mow off the flower beds as he and his girlfriend aren't garden people, but I keep telling him to leave them alone so I can move flowers to the new house and gradually they'll go away...

At any rate, after working at his place for hours, I dug up some hostas and lilies and took them to the new house and got them all planted before the rain comes tomorrow night. I really need more, but right now I can't see straight and I'm feeling pretty creaky. Hubby says, "I've seen this a million times - you won't be able to MOVE tomorrow!" He could be right.

Tonight while he and son are at the car races I think I'll just veg...