Thursday, July 27, 2006

Circles

No, I'm not talking crop circles... I'm talking about getting up this morning, looking in the mirror, and saying WTF?!?!? I have dark circles under my eyes. I look like Hubs clocked me in the night, but he didn't. Honest. It is the weirdest thing and I am facinated in that train-wreck-can't-stop-looking way.

First I have to explain. I am one of the whitest women on the planet. I don't tan, ever. When I try the fake bake it's just... bad. Hate to admit I've done that, but unfortunately I have pictures to prove it. I burn and peel and burn some more, or just go straight to the freckle stage. Over the years of envying my cousins' ability to turn a deep golden brown with the help of Crisco, no less, (yes, just like fryin' a chicken) I tried to do everything under the sun (bad pun) to get a tan. You name it, I tried it. I also tried to get that sun-kissed look to my mousy brown hair, but that's another whole post.

Back to the circles. I don't get them. I have been blessed with this fair skin that for some reason doesn't get dark bags under the eyes! I even had my personal makeup artist at M.A.C. tell me so. Okay, he's not my personal makeup artist, but he's the closest thing I'm gonna get to one. Believe me, when they tell you that you don't need a product, you'll believe them when they say you don't have the need, 'cause you just know they'll sell you everything they can think of if they think you need it in the smallest way. Guys, you don't get this, I realize, but trust me on this one.

So I wake up this morning with these dark purple shadows. Wow. Wondering what the heck I did during the night to bring this on? I went to sleep at 8 o'clock last night and slept all night long... I think I caught up a bit in the sleep department. Hmmm... maybe I slept on my face funny or something and cut off circulation to my head? Maybe I was so tired that Hubs did get me with an elbow... nah... he'd have to climb over the mountain of pillows I pile next to my side to get to me and I just can't see him making such a concentrated effort. I didn't even have Welling.ton there last night to give me a mark.

So, who knows what is up? Old age? Maybe it's just the troll in me coming out... guess I better not start saying I'm a dinosaur. Who knows WHAT would happen!